Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 in review













New countries visited


None that I can think of, strangely


Countries revisited after a long absence


Russia, Vietnam


Days spent on the road

250 approx


Biggest change

Leaving Hong Kong after so long for Dalian


Best trip

Xinjiang in August -- stunning


Worst trip

Xinjiang in August – repressed more than North Korea


New Year Resolutions

Travel less
Write 1,000 paid words every other day
Learn Mandarin


2009 outlook for the AsiaScribbler

Strangely positive despite the global downturn. I feel ’09 will be the culmination of years of hard yards getting to where I am, namely a relatively savvy East Asia writer with a dab hand at editing. People might not know me going into ’09, but I am going to be marketing myself hard this year!

No comments: